November 13, 2008

To each their own, addiction

I was going to go on about my obsession with free stuff from the Lancome counter at Macy's and Dillards.  How dangling a tote bag with a coordinating cosmetics bag free with a $29.99 purchase and I'll buy your $28 Art Liner (damn it, now I have to buy a lipstick or a eye shadow), what a scam.  Buy hey its free.

But then I found my new addiction, Whatever, Martha on Fine Living.  Two thirty somethings, Alexis Stewart and buddy Jennifer, sit in a cozy urban living room watching clips and talking like the camera's aren't in the room.  And nothing is off limits.  They poke fun at Martha's clothing, her mannerisms, and her guests.  Most segments turn to sexual innuendo if not straight up sex talk.  But it just girl talk.

Sometimes, the girls try their hands at some of the projects demonstrated by Martha, only with less than "Good Thing" results.  At the end of each show, things really devolve.  Alexis and Jennifer talk about things not even relevant to Martha, like dating,  food, and sex.

So, if you've got time to kill, come on over.  Just kick off your shoes and bring a bottle of wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment