September 21, 2008

Are you ready for some (fantasy) football

Since the strongest muscles in my body are the ones used to right click the mouse and pull the cork screw out of the wine bottle, yall know I'm not in prime physical condition.  That's why I participate in fantasy football.

If you are more familiar with Jimmie Choo than Jimmy the Greek, fantasy football lets you make your own dream team of players and compete against other "coaches" based on the individual stats accumulated by the players.  

So, each week, I scour the injury reports analyze stats and make my moves. Sometime I drop a player or five.  Usually wide receivers,  unless you have TO or Ocho Cinco, they're pretty interchangeable. 

And defenses.  I bottom feed, I pick the worst most turn over pron team and select a defense to challenge them.  Sometimes, especially if  it is a weak defense, I get burned.  But a good defense will slaughter a bad offense.

But for me, the ultimate football fantasy is Ed. 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ed is the uber NFL Official.  Not only is Ed a fine physical specimen, his background in the courtroom prompts him to possibly over explain infractions.  If I happen to find (stalk down) a game Ed is officiating, I root for penalties.  Not just a little hold (10 yards, repeat the down), but clipping which allows Ed to show off more than his guns. Or any infraction that requires more than a canned response.  Bonus points for  any coach that challenges a call.  

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amy! Thank you for adding me to your link list, for one! But your 'Dream Fantasy Football' was a great punt, as I see it! When you mentioned Jimmy Choo, I knew! But then again, I do know who 'the Greek' is too (I was a tomboy) and I know a little football! But anyhoo, thanks for leaving a comment on my Palin Pawn drama....who's to predict the outcome on that drama, to say the least.....I'm adding ya to my links and right back at ya!!!!!

    ReplyDelete