September 1, 2008

Wedding Show Addict

I am seriously addicted to wedding shows. Not just the celebrity style specials.

It all started years ago when I got wrapped up in the Princess Diana wedding and the Sarah Ferguson spectical a few years later. The highly anticipated, top secret dresses. The horse drawn carriage. The princes were simply accesories to the celebration. And, as we all found out later, not prince CHarming, but prince you'll do for now.

Then LIfetime, Style, and E would do periodic wedding specials on the latest celebrity dresses and wedding cakes. Then, when that attention whore (I don't really watch so I can't remember her name) Bachelor and Bachelorette got hitched to the "winner" of her show programming geniuses realized weddings are a gold mine.

The shows are unscripted drama, which means minimal usage of writers and other paid artists. And, all brides are attention whores, so they want us all to join in their happiest of days.

Here in no prticular odrer, are some of my favorite wedding shows.

Say Yes to The Dress, TLC. Usually new episodes premire on Friday nights after What Not to Wear.

This allows us to follow the trials and tribulations at an upscale bridal salon in Manhattan. Lots sof dresses and lots of brides. Small doses of crazy.

My Big, Fat Redneck Wedding, on CMT

Not sure if Tom Arnold is laughing at the bride and groom or celebrating the lack of pretense. These wedding often involve camouflage, hog roasts, 4 wheel drives, and lots of beer.

WeTV is the biggest pusher of wedding shows.We Go Bridal,

WeTV has Platinum Weddings, Wedding Central, Bridzillas, and Rich Bride, Poor Bride showcase the wedding most of us will never have and rib our noses in it. Some of weddings feature floral bugets that most peopel wouldn't spend on a car. There are event planners, site managers, and a staff of organizers, coordintors and managers that any fortune 500 would be proud tp employ.

I may never marry again, but even if I do I won't be able to afford a platinum wedding. I know weddings are all about celbrating love and life, but some of these people go a little overboard.

1 comment:

  1. Hey... msbeer here! I can't belive that nobody has commented on your blog yet. Bastards! I followed you over here from MySpace.

    Thanks for blogging! I love reading people's adventures :-)

    ReplyDelete